“Without rice, even the cleverest housewife cannot cook.” Chinese Proverb
I love rice. Cooking it, eating it, adding lots of stuff to it and eating some more. I’ve got tons of combinations of one pot rice meals that I will eventually getting around to photographing and posting but I also like pulaos. Warm, comforting, filling happiness. Coming to a plate near you.
Adapted from Karen Anand
What you’ll need:
2 cups rice
½ cup cashews and raisins
2 onions (chopped)
5 tbsp ghee
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
A few strands saffron
1. Soak the saffron in a couple of tablespoons of warm milk. Set aside.
2. Wash and soak the water for about 20 minutes.
3. Drop the ghee into a pan and heat. Add the chopped onions and fry till golden. Stir in the garam masala.
4. Add the rice and stir for a while.
5. Add 4 cups water and the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and cover. Cook till done.