|I poured the batter into mini-bundt pans and filled the gap in the middle with raisins to make a little carrot cake nest.|
Recipe adapted from Ritu Dalmia’s Travelling Diva
1 cup sugar
¼ cup cooking oil
1 ¼ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup grated carrots
¼ cup chopped raisins
¼ cup chopped almonds/walnuts
2 -3 tbsp milkHow to:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Beat the butter, sugar and oil together till well mixed. Add eggs one at a time and keep mixing.
3. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to the butter mixture and mix.
4. Add the carrots, raisins, nuts and milk and mix fold together. When well mixed pour into a greased tin.
5. Bake till the cake passes the toothpick test. Should be about 30 minutes. Serve warm with a sprinkling of icing sugar.