Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
I like my desserts to be like this cupcake. Simple, delicious and with a glossy, natural elegance. Just make the glaze and plunk a tablespoon full on top of each muffin and the glaze will automatically run down the sides of the cupcake and give you this shiney, happy glow.
Adapted from Martha Stewart’s recipe
What you’ll need:
For the cupcakes
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
120 gms butter (softened)
3 tbsp yoghurt
¾ cup sugar
For the glaze
120 gms butter
1 cup icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 – 4 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Beat together the butter and sugar till pale. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each egg.
2. Add the remaining wet ingredients and whisk. Beat together the dry ingredients in batches. Whisk everything up together.
3. Butter your cupcake tray or line with cupcake liners and divide the batter up.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes till a toothpick inserted into one of the cupcakes comes out clean. Let them cool completely.
5. For the glaze, melt the butter on a stove top till nice, brown and fragrant. Take it off the stove before you pass out with happiness and whisk in the sugar, vanilla essence and 2 tbsp milk. Use more milk if the glaze is too thick. Use immediately.
6. Plunk a tablespoon full on each cupcake and let it cover the cupcake. Serve.