You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food. – Paul Prudhomme
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
Makes 12 muffins
What you’ll need:
1 cup chopped up toasted nuts (pecan/ walnut/ almonds should all work)
1 3/4 cups flour (maida)
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter
3 ripe large bananas mashed well (about 1-1/2 cups)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line muffin tray. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, nuts, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, mash together the bananas, eggs, butter and vanilla.
4. Lightly bring the dry and wet ingredients together. Ideally just pour the wet ingredients and swirl it around a couple of times – we’re not working towards a smooth batter, we just want to keep the batter aerated.
5. Spoon into muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or till you clear the toothpick test.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool.