― Dione Lucas
And it doesn’t need an oven. Or an electric whisk. Or eggs. And it’s pretty without fiddling with icing and cream.
Also, I always worry about what dessert to serve to my hardcore vegetarian friends. Finally I have an answer! Such an incredible answer!
Ever made anything so good that days after the dishes have been wiped clean, washed and put back in the rack, you’re still thinking about it? I’m going to have to make this again next weekend to get it out of my system. Just looking at the post is making me hungry.
Adapted from www.cookingandme.com
What you’ll need:
250 gms cream cheese
150 gm cream
1 cup mango puree
1/3 cup melted butter
½ cup sugar
1 ½ tbsp gelatin powder
¼ cup warm water
1 ½ cups digestive biscuits (crumbs)
1. Beat the biscuits into powder and mix in the melted butter. You should have a crumbly dough. Line your serving dish(es) with it. Stick in the fridge
Foodnote: Try setting these in individual ramekins or glasses for full effect. It’s quite difficult to slice in a cake tin because of how soft it gets.
2. Mix the cream cheese, cream and sugar till well combined.
3. Add the gelatin to the warm water and stir till dissolved completely. Add the mango puree and stir. Keep half the mixture aside.
Foodnote: First time working with gelatin? Read my little note on how not to clump it up here.
4. Add the other half of the mango gelatin mix into the cream cheese and stir well.
5. Pour the cream cheese mix into your serving dishes and refrigerate for about half an hour.
Foodnote: If you’re going to stick it in the freezer, you may want to cover the dish with cling film so it doesn’t start to freeze.
6. Add the only mango-gelatin mix on top of the cream cheese layer gently so the two layers remain distinct.
7. Refrigerate overnight.