Adapted from Nigella Lawson
What you’ll need:
1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup marmalade (pick your flavor!)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup orange or lime juice
24 cm baking dish
1. Preheat your oven to 180°celsius and grease an oven proof dish. Put aside ½ a cup of orange juice and 2 to 3 tablespoons of marmalade aside in a small saucepan.
2. Take a large bowl and dump in the butter and sugar. Whisk till smooth. Add one egg at a time and whisk till smooth each time. Add the marmalade and the remaining juice.
3. Stir together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add to the egg mixture in halves and whisk till smooth.
4. Pour batter into your baking dish and bake for about 25 – 30minutes. Once a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean pull the cake out and let cool for about an hour or so. Once cool, un-mould the cake.
5. Warm the marmalade and juice and mix till it’s a thick paste. Apply with a brush on to the cooling cake, let cool. Apply as many layers as you can – if you lose patience towards the end then just pour the remaining glaze on to the cake and let cool.