Recipe adapted from Kevin and Amanda
What you’ll need:
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
½ cup mashed banana (about 1 medium banana)
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
½ cup chocolate chips or chunks of chopped chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Line the cupcake tray with muffin liners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and egg. Then add banana, oil, and vanilla extract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Stir in the flour mixture, stirring until there are no lumps.
4. Pour batter into muffin tray and bake for 12 -15 minutes. Do the toothpick taste, once your toothpick is out clean take the cupcakes out and let cool.
5. Whisk together peanut butter and 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Slowly add 1 tablespoon milk, whisking constantly until you get a smooth frosting. Add remaining tablespoon of milk and / or sugar if needed to get the right consistency.
6. Dip the top of each cupcake into the frosting and transfer to a wire rack. Then dip the top of each cupcake into the chocolate chips and press to coat.