― Truman Capote
Adapted from Martha Stewart’s recipeWhat you’ll need:
For the cupcake
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup melted butter
1 ½ cups mashed bananas
½ tsp vanilla essence
For the frosting
¾ cup icing sugar
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup butter (softened but not melted)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line your muffin tray with cupcake liners or brush down with butter.
2. Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl. In another bowl combine sugar and butter, add an egg at a time and whisk well.
3. Add the dry ingredients in batches and whisk well. Add the mashed bananas and give the batter a good stir but don’t overbeat.
4. Spoon batter into your muffin tray and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
Note: Watch carefully because cupcakes bake quickly.
5. For the frosting beat the frosting ingredients together for about 5 minutes till creamy and well amalgamated.
6. Apply frosting as best you can and top with a slice of banana if you have one to spare.
|Not winning any prizes for frosting cupcakes but they taste really good and I guess that’s all that’s important.|